The internet is a new wave that has engulfed the entire globe.With so much information heralded over the world wide web, social media has become the With loads of information being disseminated over the Internet, social media has become the very essence of the foundation of the society. Whether this change has been for the better or worse depends on how you look at it.
All is not bad with social media. As an optimist and an eclectic let us discuss the positive aspects of the new way of humans connecting with each other.
- Social media can help you keep in touch with family and friends all over the world, talk to them, even see them. Helps share facts and memories. Social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on are the most convenient means to meet like-minded people and establish new relations and a cost-effective way of being connected with loved ones irrespective of the geographical locations
- Social media helps at various stages of Education, as a trusted source of information, connecting with experts, learning applications, videos help to collect information. These connections can help one with a variety of things like seeking a new job, locating assistance, making or receiving advice etc
- Exhibiting skills It is a great platform to share and showcase one’s skills. The whole world is open for all to unveil one’s hidden potential. How one video or just a clip can go viral and reach the world over is what all of us have witnessed in recent times.
- Expression It is a fantastic way to get people to express themselves. Be it via Facebook status or writing on the walls or even tweeting and displaying various aspects of your personality. Contributing to debates on websites or creating content like blogs or short videos also gives expressions to one’s thoughts. It is easier to convey your fields of interest and your opinions with the advantage of having an audience for all your expressions.
- Creativity and Innovation Social media gives creativity wings and a base to be able to share and conceptualize the mental picture. With so much exposure, the brain is also tickled to push its imagination
- Confidence and socially interactive This is an outlet to share views, talents and connect with the outside world which gives the confidence to face the world and interact with them
- Create Awareness Media keeps one updated with the current Social and political happenings, current affairs. Information spreads faster on social media, it also empowers individuals with the knowledge and opportunity to evolve with changing times
- Learning something new Innumerable learning apps and videos are on social media to hone new skills, like various languages or musical instrument, you name it and it pops up at the click of the mouse.
- Opportunities Compelling and relevant content grabs the attention of the pertinent. It could be a job position or an investor for one’s entrepreneurial proposition or even boosting traffic on your website. Even finding customers for products or services and getting feedback for the same.
Social media has not only become part of peoples’ lives but their lives seem o revolve around it. Though these positives cannot camouflage the negatives that come with social media, which we save for another discussion.