Beautiful and untamed,the jungle can be inhospitable setting for human inhabitance when dwellings are not designed in harmony with the climate and landscape.
Founded in 2001,chhatisgarh is comparatively very young state in india.The growth,development and exploration of this place is very new topic,as it went unnoticed when it was a part of MADHYAPRADESH.
PM modi has inaugurated Asia’s largest man-made “jungle safari” at naya Raipur in chhatisgarh.It is nearly 800 acres NANDANVAN ZOO AND SAFARI.The jungle safari has been divided into 8 zones viz. monument zone,parking zone,administrative zone,water zone,waiting zone,zoo zone,safari zone and management zone.
The jungle safari would accommodate around 10000 visitors every day.The eco-friendly vehicles takes the visitors around to have the enchanting glimpses of wildlife and nature’s beauty.
Like one of an old Hollywood movie Jurassic park, this place welcomes tourist with a huge steel gate and with vividly written jungle safari on a wooden board.Well that’s it about the visual, the entry gate leads to a beautiful garden on the right, a huge map of the jungle on left and golf carts waiting at the central lane to take tourist towards the pick up point of jungle safari
There are three tigers,four bears and herbivores animal at present.Moreover five crocodiles from kotami sonar of janjgir champa district have been shifted to crocodile park in the safari.
OBJECTIVE OF NANDANVAN JUNGLE SAFARI
- To create awareness among the visitor about wildlife.
- conservation and breeding of endangered species of wildlife animals.
- To promote scientific housing and up keeping of wild animals.
- To enhance the interest of public in ex-situ and in-situ conservation and breeding of wild animals.
- To conserve the biodiversity of state rich heritage.
- These herbivorous mammals find their own home in the natural habitat of lush green grassland and woodland of the safari.
- This area comprises of many species of herbivores such as spotted deer,sambar,black buck,barking deer and blue bull.
- The Tiger Safari span over an area of 50 acre
- Two male and Two female tigers are kept in the safari .
- Three small pools have been developed for the tigers to shun the scorching heat during summer.
- There are 4 sloth bears(melrus ursinus), of which 2 are male and 2 are female
- A 2.4 km visitors movement path is shaped to gaze the bears in their natural habitat.Fourteen seater covered battery operated vehicle to rove around within the safari.