A healthy Diet can Lessen Your Risk
Why Nutrition is important. Eating a balanced diet is vital for good health and wellbeing. Food provides our bodies with the energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly. We need a wide variety of different foods to provide the right amounts of Nutrients for good health.
Add color: A vegetable’s color signals the vitamins and minerals it contains. To get a wide range of nutrients, try to eat lots of different colored vegetables daily. Salads are great for this of course, But you can toss some veggies into almost any dish from scrambled eggs to pasta to the meat of. Separate your plate before you eat , mentally divide your plate into four equal parts. Then fill two with vegetables, use one for starchy foods (like potatoes, beans, rice or pasta) and one for a serving of lean meat, fish or meat substitute (such as eggs, cheese or tofu). Just don’t use a big platter-size plate , or you may pile on too much food. Know portion size : If you think a cereal bowl full of your favorite chocolate chip cream equals one serving, You may need some help estimating portion sizes. Chew your food well and wait for a while after eating before you decide if you want a second serve . Your brains needs 20 minutes to realize that you are full, Diet tips – Enjoy your meals with family with the TV switched off. Limit “screen time” to no more than two hours per day. Include at least 60 mins of physical activity or active play each day. Choose high fiber, low Glycemic Index(Low GI ) carbohydrate. Eat your veggies first as always. If you’re absolutely starving at meal time, start with some vegetables or salad. This will ease your hunger and help keep you from overloading on meat or starchy foods. Head off temptation. It the cookie jar is the first thing you see when you walk into your kitchen, you’re asking for trouble . Instead move the cookies,ice cream, chips , etc where you can’t see them, like a high shelf or the back of the freezer. Avoid processed foods- Stay away from foods that are highly processed and contain added sugars like corn syrup. Hint- Check the ingredients on the label. If there’s a long list of unidentifiable chemicals , don’t eat it. Drink healthy – want a beverage to go with your healthy meal ? Choose water rather than soda or juice , which are high in calories and less nutrients than a piece of fruit, Unfortunately, everything the expert tell us about diet is aimed at the whole population , and we are not all the same, Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness. No doubt obesity is a lifestyle disease. The cause of obesity is lifestyle and so is the treatment! Even though you cannot change time, realize it is time to change.
Nipah virus (NiV) infection is a newly emerging zoonosis that causes severe disease in both animals and humans. The natural host of the virus are fruit bats of the Pteropodidae Family, Pteropus genus.
NiV was first identified during an outbreak of disease that took place in Kampung Sungai Nipah, Malaysia in 1998. On this occasion, pigs were the intermediate hosts. However, in subsequent NiV outbreaks, there were no intermediate hosts. In Bangladesh in 2004, humans became infected with NiV as a result of consuming date palm sap that had been contaminated by infected fruit bats. Human-to-human transmission has also been documented, including in a hospital setting in IndiaNiV infection in humans has a range of clinical presentations, from asymptomatic infection to acute respiratory syndrome and fatal encephalitis. NiV is also capable of causing disease in pigs and other domestic animals. There is no vaccine for either humans or animals. The primary treatment for human cases is intensive supportive care. It can also be spread between people ,often between family and caregivers of people who are affected.
When a person is infected with the nipah virus ,they experience encephalitis or the inflammation of brain. It typically takes five to 14 days for the symptoms to start appear.
*PROGRESS TO COMA
There is no cure for this virus. Instead people who are infected are treated with supportive care, which includes making sure the person stays hydrated and treating any nausea or vomiting issue.
People can take step to prevent NIPAH by avoiding exposure to sick pigs and bats and not drinking raw date palm sap which can be contaminated by the excretion from infected bats.
Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
YOUR DIET SHOULDNOT ONLY SUPPORT YOUR HEALTH AND WEIGHT GOALS,BUT ALSO IMPROVE YOUR TRAINING PERFORMANCE
PROTEIN IS A BUILDING BLOCK?
Include a source of lean protein at every meal ,from source like chicken,turkey breast,low fat chesse and yogurt,white fish or soy.
FAT IS GOOD OR BAD?
You will find healthy fats in oily fish,olive oil,eggs and nuts.Get some fat into every meal either by switching a lean protein for one richer in heart healthy fat.
VEGGIES AND FRUITS
Fruits and Vegetables are a foundation of good health .Ideally you want as big a range of color’s as possible. They are important source of many nutrients ,including potassium ,dietary fiber, folate, vit A and vit C.
DIET AND WEIGHT
The link between good nutrition and healthy weight reduced chronic disease risk and overall health is too important to ignore. By taking steps to eat healthy ,you will be on your way to getting nutrients your body needs to stay healthy, active and strong
AS WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY,MAKING SMALL CHANGES IN YOUR DIET CAN GO A LONG WAY AND ITS DAMN EASIER THAN YOU THINK!
An effective skin care routine is must for summer to avoid dull and tanned skin. The heat is blazing over us right now. So all we want is cool hacks for glowing skin..
1.SUGAR SCRUB:-Add coconut oil with 3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of sugar. This scrub is best for acne prone skin. you can also add coffee in place of tea tree oil for reducing puffiness of face.
2.GLOW CREAM:-Use your favorite moisturizer, add aloevera gel and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil. Massage well using cold water.
3.GREEN TEA SPF LIP BALM:-Its so easy to forget about SPF on our lips. Add green tea in coconut oil and use it daily.
4.FACE PACK:-MIX Honey, yogurt and rose water in equal quantity, apply on the face, leave it for 15 mins and wash off with cold water.
5.SUMMER SPRAY:-Add 5 drops tea tree oil,1 drops of peppermint oil,2 drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle with water, Shake well and use this twice daily for refreshing your skin.
Lotus root or Nadru is found in the lakes of Srinagar. Hence it is a popular ingredient used in delicacies in Kashmir. Nowadays it is available in local vegetable markets as well
Nadir Yakhini is a yogurt gravy based dish cooked in a variety of spices.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 5-6 people
- 1 kg nadru (lotus root)
- 100ml mustard oil
- 2 cups of whipped curd
- 3 table spoon saunf powder (fennel seeds powder).
- 1/4 tea spoon hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tea spoon shah jeera (cumin)
- 1 tea spoon kala jeera (black cumin)
- 3 crushed moti elaichi (black cardamom)
- 2 crushed choti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1 tea spoon saunth powder (ginger powder)
- 2 tej patta (bay leaves)
- 1 stick dalcheeni (cinnamon)
- 1 whole laung (clove)
- Wash the lotus root well and peel them, cut them into 2″ thick pieces.
- Boil them for 5-7 minutes to get rid of the mud and dirt inside the holes
- You can fry the nadru after boiling (This is optional)
- Add these pieces of nadru in a pressure cooker with 2 glasses of water
- Add salt, tej patta, dalcheeni, laung and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles till the lotus root softens
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, add shah jeera and hing
- Beat the curd and add it to the pan and stir constantly to avoid curdling
- Let it boil
- Add the salt for this gravy, saunf powder, saunth powder, kala jeera, moti elaichi and choti elaichi and give it a boil.
- Add these contents to the pressure cooker with the nadru
- Let it boil for 10 minutes so the flavors are absorbed by the nadru
- Serve with boiled basmati rice
Lotus root is a very healthy vegetable. Rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorous, iron, manganese, copper, zinc and many more; contains vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. It is a source of dietary fiber, also complex carbohydrates
Benefits of Lotus Root
* Boosts Immunity
*Helps weight management
*Improves Blood Circulation
*Regulates blood pressure
*Protects the heart
So what are you waiting for, get your stock of good health now.
26th March 2018
Walking is the most natural way of exercising, man has been walking since the beginning of time immemorial. When done right, you can walk your way to a fitter, slimmer and a healthier you
- 10,000 steps a day is recommended for fitness. Keeping track of the number steps taken gives you a sense of achievement. Adapting to small lifestyle changes could help you get in shape, walking to the grocery store or to a friend’s or even to run errands, taking the staircase, ditching the elevators and escalators will help you reach to your desired weight.
- A dedicated 40-minute walk will also help reach your daily target. You can even walk in intervals, it helps control blood sugar levels and also can squeeze into your tight schedule.
- Intensity can be increased by a brisk walk or walk uphill which will increase the heart rate, help build muscles, increase metabolism and would not even lead to sore muscles. Interval walking also works wonders, walk at varied speeds to increase calorie burn.
- Eating healthy, cutting on sugar and bakery products will also help speed the weight loss process.
- Try having foods and beverages that boost metabolism, like green tea, green coffee, protein-rich food. Drink 3-4 liters of water to flush toxins.
Walking has innumerable benefits, some of which are
- Burns calories, promotes weight loss, helps cut down the extra flab
- Reduces risk of diseases, increases bone density, keeps the heart healthy, prevents disease like diabetes
- Keeps the body active by stimulating blood circulation, controls blood pressure and cholesterol levels, refreshes the system, lifts your spirit, makes feel livelier, rejuvenates the body
- Cheapest and easiest form of exercise can be done anytime, anywhere. There is an array of walking videos available online for which you just need an internet connection, walk along with them or walk on the treadmill, without a need to step out of the house.
- Walking keeps a person happy and keeps stress at bay. Calms down the nerves as the body releases endorphins which have an overall relaxing effect.
- Improves memory and cognitive functions of the brain as the levels of the hormones serotonin and dopamine increase due to walking
- Improved blood circulation gives the skin a healthy glow, delaying the signs of aging.
- Walking with a friend keeps the motivation high and the bond strong
- Walking keeps a man happy and healthy and keeps off the excess weight, also strengthens muscles
- Wear the right shoes that are comfortable, offer a good grip and support and do not pinch anywhere
- Track the number of steps using a pedometer or a tracking mobile app
- Warm your body up, start with slow walking and then work up the speed
- Carry water for hydration
- Walk with a good posture, with your back straight, tummy tucked in, navel trying to touch the back
- Arms need to be as close to the body as possible while swinging them so that the motion is fluid and effective
- Swinging the arms back and forth faster will increase your walking speed
- Relax the neck and shoulder muscles
- Take shorter strides trying to push off the leading foot with more force while keeping
- The heel should touch the ground first then roll the foot on your toes for minimum stress on ankles and knees
- Find a walking buddy to keep yourself motivated
Coupled with a healthy diet, a daily walk done in the right way can work wonders for one’s well being. So, what are you waiting for; put on your walking shoes and start today! And remember, “The only shortcut for weight loss is taking the long path”
26th March 2018
Life is beautiful and amazing! You don’t want to bog yourself down with unnecessary health problems. Today, your vital organs (kidney, heart, lungs, gallbladder, liver, stomach, intestines, etc.) may be working well, but who knows they may not be able to work tomorrow. Don’t take your good health for granted. Everyone in the world hopes to live healthier, feel best and make this life a better one. Let us Take care of our body in simple 5 ways.
- Drink lots of Water – Water is one of the essential substance on earth. That is in the liquid form at the temperatures commonly found on the surface of our planet. Plants, Animals, and Human Beings need water to carry out cell activity, the body loses the water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, which is why it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating food which contains water. It also keeps your skin looking healthier and gives you more energy. I know, you’ve heard this before …but the question now is why have n’t you started doing it? We shall act like we live in a desert and then start drinking lots of water.
- Exercise – It not only lowers the risks of some diseases and helps people to lose weight.Most effective way to improve your mental health and also gives a positive impact on depression, anxiety and moreover that it acts like stressbuster sometimes.Movement is life and it makes you feel good. Start moving that awesome body of your ’s there are many ways these days like yoga, running or kickboxing. A gym would be the best which does both cardio and weight training. Regular Activity also improves the quality of the life. Increase the level of the activity in your life its not only about being healthy but also to have fun at the same time. Don’t just do cardio activities . Give your body a proper workout.
- Eat Healthy food – Like fruits and vegetables are important for good health, with many vitamins and minerals.Do you know that oranges offer more health benefits than vitamin C pills? Try having fruits in the morning as a first meal and even in the mid-meal, you can at least have one fruit. Avoid excess fiber intake as it is detrimental to constipation and smooth digestion. Too much of fiber can even cause gas and abdominal bloating. Pick different colored vegetables and fruits while shopping. As they are bright colors which are usually high in anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are good for health because they remove free radicals that can damage our cells. Macro-nutrients are nutrients needed in bulk amounts to ensure normal growth, metabolism, and well-being of our bodies. Cut down on processed foods and go for healthy fats.
- Don’t skimp on sleep – Studies have shown that those who sleep less tend to weigh more.
Most people have no control over their emotional well-being. It is said that life is a matter of choices. Being happy is a choice. Decide, “Whatever the circumstances I want to be happy and I will be happy always.” There are no terms and conditions for happiness. Most people are as happy as they decide to be. Happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have. It depends on what you think. Our basic psychological needs include feeling loved, secure, and good at what we do. You also want to have a sense of control. Money doesn’t automatically fill these requirements, but it sure can help. I’ve learned to look for ways to spend money to stay in closer contact with my family and friends; to promote my health; to work more efficiently; to eliminate sources of irritation and marital conflict; to support important causes, and to have enlarging experiences. For example, when my sister got married, I splurged on a better SMARTPHONE. It was expensive, but it gave me a lot of happiness. We expect others to treat us better than we treat them. We work out a few times and stress because we don’t instantly look like models. We want to live like rock stars, ignoring the fact that only a few people reach that level of success.In short, we tend to have unreasonable expectations. The difference between what we feel entitled to and what we actually get is the source of much misery.Accept life in its entirety; stop thinking in terms of what should be and accept what is. When you live without entitlement, every good thing becomes a wonderful surprise. Even better, expecting nothing means never being disappointed. The expectation is also the root cause of all the sorrows. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, then there will be the comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be.” Anne Frank
Here are few ways that I follow. Hope they help you too.
- Hang around with positive people who make you smile. Avoid those who are perpetually complaining and criticising.
- Always remind yourself that nothing is more important than your peace and happiness. You are born to be happy!
- Always keep a goal in life, something to look forward to. That will keep you motivated.
- Try to make the best of every situation. Spend time reading, watching movies, exploring your hobbies and most importantly travel. Travel as much as you can. Focus on collecting memories that last a lifetime. Conclusion – At the end of the day, bad things will happen to you. You will have highs, lows and lots of mediums in your life. You’re only human, just like everybody else.So Just change the attitude and thinking towards it. IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY – MAKE OTHERS HAPPY – Dada
Yes, obviously they are good. Dairy is a controversial and confusing food Group these days. How much should dairy products be consumed? Aim for 3 dairy servings (about 3 cups) of low-fat milk products each day. Some good choices are listed below. Low-fat dairy products: 1 cup of 2%, 1%, or skim (fat-free) milk.
- Butter and butter blends.
- Natural and processed cheese products.
- Cultured Dairy. Yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, dips and other cultured dairy foods.
- Frozen Desserts. Ice cream cakes other frozen desserts made with dairy ingredients.
- Ice Cream/Novelties. …
- Non-Dairy Beverages. …
- Whey, Milk Powder and many more.
The most important thing about dairy food is the quantity and the timings of when you are having it. They help to meet our calcium requirements and many other things. To meet dietary calcium requirements, women need 1,000 milligrams per day between ages 19 and 50 and 1,200 milligrams after age 51, according to the federal Office of Dietary Supplements. Drinking three to four glasses of milk would be very much helpful.So you all know that dairy foods are number one for bones and teeth plus calcium as I have mentioned above. But did you know having enough milk, yogurt and cheese can be good for your heart, blood pressure and losing fat also? Gaining muscle too?
Milk, cheese, and yogurt are naturally full of important nutrients such as calcium and protein but excess should be avoided.The unique package of vitamins and minerals they provide means these dairy foods have some pretty important health benefits! Not only me but also The Australian Dietary Guidelines say that consumption of milk, cheese and yogurt is linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome and colorectal cancer – some of the main causes of death in Australia. Because of these great health benefits the Australian Dietary Guidelines recommend we include milk, yogurt, cheese and/or alternatives (mostly reduced fat) every day as part of a balanced diet. Flavored yogurts should be avoided. but if no option left then you should read the flavored yogurt content and avoid if it contains alternative sugars like fructose, glucose, sucrose as they are not healthy. Also, avoid flavored sugar with the high amount of sugar. You can add natural sweeteners like honey etc. If you were to remove milk from your diet, it is important to substitute it with the following foods: Bean, Kale, Two servings of oatmeal, Egg yolks, Fatty fish and Fortified orange juice. Each coin has two sides it is our choice to choose whether dairy foods are good or not even Whether you’re a serious athlete or you’re exercising for your general health and fitness, nutrition is fundamental to your performance as Milk is one of the best drinks for re-hydration and refueling after exercise. One of the most common reasons why people still drink milk as adults is to strengthen their bones. Milk is one of the richest sources of calcium and vitamin D.
Food and sugar cravings are a dieter’s worst enemy . Everyone has experienced such moment when you walk towards the fridge, look inside realize nothing is in your diet and walk away disappointed. Sometimes it can be even difficult to tell that if your body is actually hungry or just bored, bad advice can be pills or hocus pocus theories . 8 simple appetite suppressants that actually work –
- Drink water first this is because thirst and hunger cravings are often confused. Due to the sedentary lifestyle, our bodies were designed to do and then get up and do something so to conquer this drink a large glass of water, wait for few minutes after that and you will often find that the cravings go away as your body was bored and was searching for another dopamine head.
- Sip on some peppermint tea – lots of studies are done on this. Inhaling the scent of peppermint tea every two hours caused people to eat 1800 fewer calories than normal. it also showed reduced cravings for sugar and fatty foods.
- Meditation – Strange but true meditation has been shown to reducing binge eating by 70% in severe food addicts.It has also been shown to increase focus, improve sleep, reduce stress and anxiety, make you more empathetic to others. You only need 5-10 minutes for these effects and this can be done anywhere and at any time.
- Eats lots of protein and fibrous carbs at the same time – Protein has been shown to greatly reduce cravings and help people to naturally decrease the calories and even lose fat, not the weight. Fiber has been shown to reduce appetite by 39% like combine them in meals. For example – Steak + Spinach salad can be added to the lunch or dinner and even apple + whey protein shake.
- Drink Decaf Coffee – It looks like decaf coffee has finally found its place in the world. Not only does it have antioxidants and nutrients. it is also a strong appetite suppressant. In fact, it also proved to beat out regular coffee and caffeine pills for helping people stop cravings.
- Drink apple cider Vinegar throughout the day – Vinegar increases the fullness you feel from your meals. It can also help you to fight sugar cravings and even stopping those mid-day crashes with its blood sugar leveling effects. Drink 2tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 glass of the water 30 minutes before your meals or during your meals.
- Spice thing up – Adding cayenne pepper to your meals has been shown to increase metabolism and decrease the curbed appetite. It has also been proven to increase fat burning in men and women. So adding a Sriracha and Louisiana hot sauce will help to stop your cravings.
- Eat Satiating Food – The biggest problem people face is eating foods that don’t satisfy them. Butter, white bread, cream, and pizza these are empty calories which leave the body unsatisfied. Watermelon, oranges protein, oatmeal, meat, apple, and potato leave the body feeling full. Eat more of these foods to stop your cravings.
Continue reading “How to control cravings ?”