Food and sugar cravings are a dieter’s worst enemy . Everyone has experienced such moment when you walk towards the fridge, look inside realize nothing is in your diet and walk away disappointed. Sometimes it can be even difficult to tell that if your body is actually hungry or just bored, bad advice can be pills or hocus pocus theories . 8 simple appetite suppressants that actually work –
- Drink water first this is because thirst and hunger cravings are often confused. Due to the sedentary lifestyle, our bodies were designed to do and then get up and do something so to conquer this drink a large glass of water, wait for few minutes after that and you will often find that the cravings go away as your body was bored and was searching for another dopamine head.
- Sip on some peppermint tea – lots of studies are done on this. Inhaling the scent of peppermint tea every two hours caused people to eat 1800 fewer calories than normal. it also showed reduced cravings for sugar and fatty foods.
- Meditation – Strange but true meditation has been shown to reducing binge eating by 70% in severe food addicts.It has also been shown to increase focus, improve sleep, reduce stress and anxiety, make you more empathetic to others. You only need 5-10 minutes for these effects and this can be done anywhere and at any time.
- Eats lots of protein and fibrous carbs at the same time – Protein has been shown to greatly reduce cravings and help people to naturally decrease the calories and even lose fat, not the weight. Fiber has been shown to reduce appetite by 39% like combine them in meals. For example – Steak + Spinach salad can be added to the lunch or dinner and even apple + whey protein shake.
- Drink Decaf Coffee – It looks like decaf coffee has finally found its place in the world. Not only does it have antioxidants and nutrients. it is also a strong appetite suppressant. In fact, it also proved to beat out regular coffee and caffeine pills for helping people stop cravings.
- Drink apple cider Vinegar throughout the day – Vinegar increases the fullness you feel from your meals. It can also help you to fight sugar cravings and even stopping those mid-day crashes with its blood sugar leveling effects. Drink 2tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 glass of the water 30 minutes before your meals or during your meals.
- Spice thing up – Adding cayenne pepper to your meals has been shown to increase metabolism and decrease the curbed appetite. It has also been proven to increase fat burning in men and women. So adding a Sriracha and Louisiana hot sauce will help to stop your cravings.
- Eat Satiating Food – The biggest problem people face is eating foods that don’t satisfy them. Butter, white bread, cream, and pizza these are empty calories which leave the body unsatisfied. Watermelon, oranges protein, oatmeal, meat, apple, and potato leave the body feeling full. Eat more of these foods to stop your cravings.