PULIHORA:-THE TASTE OF SOUTH
PULIHORA, a traditional tamarind rice of ANDHRA PRADESH also known as chintapandu pulihora.Often prepared during festivals and is offered as naivedyam to the God.
- 2 CUPS OF RICE
- 3 TBSP OIL
- 1 TBSO SESAME OIL
- 2 SPRIGS OF CURRY LEAVE
- 2 RED CHILLIES BROKEN
- HALF TSP MUSTARD
- 1 TBSP CHANNA DAL
- 1 TBSP URAD DAL
- FISTFUL OF PEANUTS
- GENEROUS PINCH OF HING
- SALT AS NEEDED
- TAMARIND PULP
- 2 GREEN CHILLIES SLIT
- HALF TSP GINGER
- TURMERIC AS NEEDED
- HALF TSP LIGHTLY ROASTED MUSTARD POWDER
- HALF TSP JAGGERY (OPTIONAL)
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, salt, a 2 tsp of oil and fried curry leaves to the cooked and cooled rice and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add dry red chillies , cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal and fry for a minute till light brown.
- Next add the slit green chillies, ginger, asafoetids(hing) and few curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked tamarind mix well.
- Finally sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds powder and roasted peanuts and mix all the ingredient well .
- let it sit for 1 hour for the flavors to set in.
TOTAL FAT 6.9 g